Thursday, June 9, 2011

Being Wu-ed

      Resort is often my favorite season of the year. I love the optimism in the colors, the easiness to the clothes. I also feel it is a season where the designers are able to really show their own individual asthetic. Where Spring and Fall are large runway productions, I love the simplicity to most resort collections. The photography style, the models, the individual styling, it has a personality to it that gets lost often on a runway.

      This season, so far, there have been several designers that have truly resonated with me. Jason Wu is a personal favorite of mine, and this season has proven to be no different. He is a master of blending femininty with modernity, chicness and sophistication with an effortless ease. I love the pop of citron and coral against the navy. Mr. Wu recently took a trip to Peurto Rico, and clearly he was inspired bye both the sand and the sea.  
                                              








Another favorite this season is Chris Benz, I love the styling and the photography of the collection, the vivid colors on the metallic background, the clothes just vibrate with energy and excitment.





No comments:

Post a Comment