Saturday, July 23, 2011

Chic C'est le Vie!

Simone d'Allencourt for Arachnee 

        I recently discovered the photographer Georges Dambier upon receiving an invitation to attend the gallery opening at the Bonnie Benrubi Gallery here in New York City. I only needed to look at one photo to know that I completely loved his style and his work. The 1950's and 60's are my favorite decades, I love how women put themselves together so flawlessly. It was an era filled with a certain kind of glamour and style that has long been lost along the way.

Marie Helene Arnaud, for Elle 

Georges Dambier was born in Paris in 1925, and it was here that he made his mark in the photography world. In the 1950's, he joined the team at Elle Magazine where he worked with the most beautiful women in the world: Suzie Parker, Dorian Leigh and and Bridgette Bardot. In every photo, he manages to capture the complete sensuality and charm of being a woman.  

Suzy Parker, Paris for Elle, in Givenchy. 
 Now this is GLAMOUR! 


Suzy Parker with Hydrangeas, for Elle. 
I love that she is in her own world, lost in thought on this charming Parisian street 


The Bikini Girl on the Boardwalk 
The original girl with a yellow umbrella

Karen with Matadors, for Palma de Majorique
I love the colors and the angle that this photograph captures, its so intense and striking 


Suzy Parker with Tulips, for Elle 
This is my favorite photograph, I have found it so inspiring. I love the pop of red in the flowers and in her hat, she is so effortlessly chic, so perfectly put together, I dream of being this girl! 

Jaques Fath in his Atelier



La Librairie, Jaques Fath 



No comments:

Post a Comment